The Indignity!

Not only have I been awakened and brought hence to be imprisoned but I am to be wounded with the indignity of being imprisoned in a privy!

Who have I angered to bring on such punishment. Who commands such powerful wizards as the vile devil who brought me to this lot.

Alone, bound and poisoned by the foul stinking aether that now fills my chamber.

The angle of the light that finds it's way into my chamber is less steep and moves closer to the horizon. The summer wanes and autum comes bringing a chill as it's icy breath blows by my prison. The forest and the creatures here are my only solace; my court. The fauna are more hurried in their labors now. There is an urgency in their activity as I listen to their rustling in the duff. The mornings grow quiet, the birds flee the approach of winter. Thescant few insects who once entered here come in even fewer numbers and with less frequency. I fear the quiet desolate winter that must be approaching. When shall I be visited again? Even the indignities I must suffer would be tolerated were I to recieve a human visitor.

No comments: